09 March 2010

Other Visitors At The Pond

The Bushnell Trophy Cam keeping an eye open for any Helmeted Guineafowl at the pond

Some of the other visitors to the pond where Porcupine (Ystervark), Striped Polecat (Stinkmuishond), possible Bat-eared Fox (Bakoorjakkals) or Cape Fox (Silwervos) and a couple of birds.

Porcupine (Ystervark) making his presence felt

Striped Polecat (Stinkmuishond) darting past the camera

A Bat-eared Fox (Bakoorjakkals) or maybe a Cape Fox (Silwervos)...

The picture with "the ear" has been giving me unpleasant dreams for weeks now... I was hoping that the owner of this ear will appear again at the pond, but nothing happened. Both Cape Fox and Bat-eared Fox are high on my wish list for Tygerberg, but I just can't be 100% sure of which one it is from this picture. I'm leaning heavily towards Bat-eared Fox, but another better picture would have been great...

By now both cameras have been moved away from the pond. The pond turned out to be a good spot even though the Secret Police was giving me a lot of trouble.

The Moultrie camera ready to snap the next picture of a Helmeted Guineafowl

No comments:

Post a Comment